Sometime in the beginning of the year my mother gave me this tray hanger. The only thing missing was the embroidery.
For a long time it was just laying in my projects box, but one day I had enough of our trays laying everywhere on kitchen counters and on top of the fridge that I decided to sit down and get it done.
Now that I've been home for nearly two weeks (due to some genious gallstones that hurt like hell), I've been able to finally finish this project while watching the first two seasons of Game of Thrones. However I just realized we only have two trays, and both of them are small. We need to get us a big tray asap for all the summer breakfasts outside!
This post is part of a Swedish thing called Sypeppen (I have no idea how to translate that for you), which is created by Fredrikapåvinden, a super talented and inspiring lady who loves sewing. If you want more info on what Sypeppen is, go here and read about it (google translate is your bff if you don't understand swedish). It was my first time being part of it, and it was so much fun! Go to the magic post with all of the creations of these past weeks here.



Så superfint! Jag har hur mycket brickor som helst. Stora brickor, små brickor, runda brickor... De står på display lite överallt men jag inser nu att detta klassiska vis att presentera dem är ett av de bästa! Kanske har du inspirerat mig att brodera ett eget brickband :)
ReplyDeleteVad roligt att du blev inspirerad! Brickor är verkligen en fantastisk uppfinning, finns så många fina :)
DeleteWow vad fin den blev! Än så länge äger jag inte så många brickor (och kanske framför allt en lägenhet med väggar som en inte får spika i...) men min farmor har alltid haft en sån där på väggen fylld med brickor. Jag minns när jag var liten och skulle ta fram en bricka ur den så fick en alltid va superförsiktig så att inte alla brickorna skulle falla ur..
ReplyDeleteTack! Jo, det är ju det enda med brickbandet som är lite dumt, det där att få ut en viss bricka utan att alla andra följer med. Men med lite träning går det ju ;)
Delete