We went to the big bonfire and watched as the darkness fell and the flames took over. The men's choir sang their traditional spring tunes and there were a cute hot dog stand where you could buy hot dogs (obviously) for cheap. We burned the old and welcomed spring. It's such a wonderful tradition that I've missed when I was away in Georgia! When the fire was almost out, most people went home, and again the silence took over. But the next morning, I could hear the birds chirping and boy, May was here.
Saturday, June 8, 2013
...is fire and a black sky (pt.2)
Okay, so I'm still having a hard time figuring out which pictures to post from Valborg cause there are so many, so I'm just gonna post a bunch of them cause I'm tired of waiting for a good moment to really sort them through. Here you go, the second part of Valborg 2013:
We went to the big bonfire and watched as the darkness fell and the flames took over. The men's choir sang their traditional spring tunes and there were a cute hot dog stand where you could buy hot dogs (obviously) for cheap. We burned the old and welcomed spring. It's such a wonderful tradition that I've missed when I was away in Georgia! When the fire was almost out, most people went home, and again the silence took over. But the next morning, I could hear the birds chirping and boy, May was here.
We went to the big bonfire and watched as the darkness fell and the flames took over. The men's choir sang their traditional spring tunes and there were a cute hot dog stand where you could buy hot dogs (obviously) for cheap. We burned the old and welcomed spring. It's such a wonderful tradition that I've missed when I was away in Georgia! When the fire was almost out, most people went home, and again the silence took over. But the next morning, I could hear the birds chirping and boy, May was here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)
If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.