Tuesday, February 18, 2014
...is music as a universal language
Last week I worked as a substitute teacher at a school for children with special needs. I spent most of my day together with a little boy who had autism and didn't have his own language yet. It was a day filled with body talk and smiles, but also tears and kicking (note, I didn't do any of the kicking or crying). At one point we were sitting with an iPad, and the boy went to check out Youtube. He clicked on a video that was on the first page, and it so happened to be the song Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelsson. He watched it a couple of times, playing it over and over again. You could tell he loved it. It made my heart all warm, because Ingrid Michaelson is one of my absolute favorite artists. Since that day, I've rediscovered her music, and I think you should too! Here's two videos where you can start, they have been played on repeat, just like the little boy last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)
If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.