Last week I took time off from work and went up to Hudiksvall to sew my wedding dress together with my mother. I snapped a few photos during the process and thought I'd share it with you!
Sunday night when I arrived, we started trying out the pattern, and then cut out pieces for a toile (a dress made of cotton to make sure all the changes are correct)
First test! (no full pictures here, since the dress is a little secret)
The day after, we went out to my aunts house and set up the machines and laid out the real fabric on her big dining room table. Then we cut it out and started planning the seams and testing stitches.
I think we spent nearly half the wednesday trying to figure out the stiches, pressure foot and thread tension before we were satisfied.
THen came my little side project - the veil!
Used all kinds of weird tools to make it to my liking. Here I ofund a tray with the right roundness and size to make the corners.
And then came the lace!
While I had been fussing with the veil, my mom sewed the dress together, and I got to try it on for the first time!!
Friday arrived, and my sweet friend Linnea came and helped me wrap the buttons in fabric
Then came time for the lining of the dress. SO MANY SEAMS.
By the end of saturday night, we had one last cup of coffee and then decided to be done.
The dress is yet to be finished, due to unexpected things such as a stomach bug. But my mom has finished hemming the skirt and is making some final touches this week. I have to wrap up a couple of buttons because we miscalculated how many we needed for the back. But it sure will be ready next week, and I'm SO looking forward to showing you the whole dress later!











Jag har skrivit det innan men jag är så himla impad över att ni gör din klänning själva!
ReplyDeleteTack!! Det var såååå roligt :)
Delete