Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Helga

 Today I want to tell you about Helga, my sourdough. I started making her one year ago when we were at home after our wedding, before we went on our honeymoon. I used a tutorial by paindemartin (in swedish..), and I wasn't sure at all I would manage to get it working. But I did!!
 To keep a sourdough starter fresh you should feed it once a week or so. This spring I haven't done that at all, so last week I took out a very sad Helga out of the fridge. She had divided into two layers - one gooey and one more vinegary. I thought she'd be totally ruined, but gave her some more flour and water and hoped for the best. After a couple of hours I checked in underneath the lid, and she was as bubbly as ever! So I decided to make some rolls for the following day.


Above is a picture in the morning after one night of proofing out in room temperature. I have this awesome 50´s kitchen where I can pull out this wooden bread board and put on my kitchen table. SO freaking convenient.

After another 45 minutes of proofing while the oven got hot hot hot (275 degrees Celcius), I cut the loaf into little rolls and and when they came out they looked like this! Added butter+cheese+tea and we had a lovely saturday breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)

If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.