Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

...is being a nomad

As I sat on my bed eating breakfast this morning I started thinking about this past year, and I realized I moved a lot in these past 15 months. First I moved from the US to Sweden around New Years. I stayed with dad and Annica who rented a big red house in the middle of nowhere (pictured below)
This was a great place to be at that time in my life. It was very quiet out there, and with the emotional storm I had on the inside from leaving my past home and settling into the swedish culture again, this was a good place to start.
In April I helped dad and Annica move to this little house. I stayed there for 6 months and it was also a very peaceful place to live, with the best kitchen ever. 
In October I took a leap of faith and moved to Stockholm. I had no job, but I had a room with teddy bears on the walls... I found myself a job (or actually three) within the first month, and I was able to take voice lessons more regularly than when I lived in Eksjö. This proved to be very good for me and my vocal training. 
And then yesterday, after 5 months in that teddybear room (with a 6-year old playing Wii in the room next to me at 7 am), I finally got a place of my own. I still don't have a kitchen, but my landlady is about to fix that today. As I wrote in yesterday's post, it's quiet here. I can hear the birds chirp as I wake up in the morning. This will be a place of harmony and a lot of singing! 

So all in all, I've moved 4 times since January 2013. Sigh. And if I count ALL the times I've moved throughout my life, it adds up to the wonderful number 12  (not counting the small moves I did in and out of college over summer breaks while studying in the US). I've become the queen of packing boxes after all of this. My parents are also very good at packing, and they've taught me well! Today after my kitchen is set up, I'm going to start unpacking and decorating - the most fun part of moving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)

If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.