Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Favorite dress makeover


When I lived in Georgia back in 2012, I went on a spring break trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee, with some of my friends. We crammed together in a tiny hotel room, and I remember sleeping on the floor with some blankets because we were too many to all fit in the beds.. Crazy teenagers!
Anyhow, One of the days I went exploring the north side of the river, and found some great little shops and restaurants. I also found a dress that cost a quite a lot of money, but was soooo comfortable I wore it til it almost fell apart. I haven't had the heart to throw it out, so it's been living in a suitcase with projects and fabrics for the past three years.



As I made my midsummers dress, I realized I could renew this old loved dress to a flowy top with the help of some gorgeous blue fabric.

So I cut out strips of the new blue fabric, hemmed them and stitched them to the cut off dress. And all of a sudden I had this flowy, wonderful top made out of my old favorite dress!



Sorry for not really great photos, but it's been too cold to wear it since the first day and I was so happy with it that I had to snap a photo of me wearing it in the elevator at work!
I love remaking old items into new ones, it makes me feel so happy since the fabric has been through so much and now I am able to wear it and love it again.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)

If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.