Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Why English?




Why is this blog in english, when you're Swedish and live in Sweden?

I have a couple of reasons as of why I choose to write in english. The first one being that I lived and studied in the US when I started this blog. It was the language in my head at the time, Swedish was only used whenever talking to my friends and family over Skype.


 Another reason why I kept writing in english even after I moved back home to Sweden is that I want my old friends from school to be able to read what I write.
These days I can honestly say that I believe it would be easier for me to blog in Swedish, but I don't do it because I need to keep up with my english writing. It's hard at times. I have to use dictionaries to find the spelling of certain words, and sometimes when I read through some posts I laugh at how horrible my sentence structure is. But I will not give in to the Swedish, it's totally worth the extra work to write in my second language!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts :)

If you press the "notify me" button in the bottom right corner you'll get an email with my response.